We are excited towards our new studio conveniently located in downtown Halifax at 5716 Bishops Street. Lisa Bèdard is our managing partner.
To commemorate our new studio, I have some interesting facts about the city of Halifax found through research and my own experience visiting the beautiful city in the opposite side of Canada.
Halifax, founded in 1749 by Governor General Edward Cornwallis, is Canada’s largest city east of Quebec. …
Some of the interesting and fun facts about Halifax city in Canada are as follows:
1 . Halifax has more pubs per capita than any other city in Canada.
2. Until 1844, the Royal Navy hung pirates at Point Pleasant Park’s Black Rock Beach.
3. North America’s first zoo was established in Halifax 1847 two years following the last pirate hung by the Royal Navy.
4. Dr. Marie Hamilton was the first black Canadian Woman to receive the Governor General Award (1983).
5. August 7, 1987 the “Sid the Kid” was born.
6. Halifax has a great double ax throwing pub.
7. Louisiana’s Acadian population may have moved from Halifax to escape the 7 yrs War from 1755 to 1762.
8. The difference between an East Coaster and a West Coaster is that in the West Coast the average family immigrated about two to three years ago and in the East Coast the average family immigrated two to three centuries ago.
9. The coldest day was -29C (-21F) on February 18, 1922 and the warmest day was 37.2C (99F) set in July 10, 1912.
10. Halifax has the best real estate prices of Canadian major cities (I am buying).
227 - 970 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R4
Call - (604) 506-1766
131 9th Avenue SW #140, Calgary, AB T2P 1K1
Call - (587) 317-6663
28 Logan Ave #10, Toronto, ON, M4M 2M8
Call - (437) 800-1969
Art of Headshots Victoria Studio
106-1600 Quadra St. Victoria BC V8W 2L4
Call - (778) 403-6360