Headshot Photographer in Calgary
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.Gandhi
Why get Headshots?
Calgary delivers plenty of Western Canada character to the world, from the famous annual Calgary Stampede to the city’s playful and “work hard” attitude, so having a strong headshot photograph is essential to succeeding—and looking good in the process—in Cowtown. A storied city located right on the Bow and Elbow Rivers, Calgary is not all just fun and games thanks to a leading energy sector and a strong corporate downtown culture. With so many opportunities to make your mark on such a confident city, a strong, professional headshot to go along with a little cowboy confidence of your own will go a long way to taking Calgary by the horns.
Calgary Headshot Services
Personal Branding & Social Media Headshots
Company & Team Headshots
LinkedIn & Professional Profile Headshots
Headshots Photographer in Calgary
Eluvier Acosta is a dynamic headshot photographer who initially moved to Calgary as a petroleum engineer but his passion for people and capturing their essence changed his fate…Calgary will benefit from Eluvier talent and abilities as Art of Headshots Calgary photographer.
Eluvier was born in Southern Colombia in a town of fewer than 100 people in the Amazon territories. He always wanted to exercise his creative talent but “chose to engineer to be responsible”. It would take a successful career as an engineer before he transitioned to a portrait photographer with Art of Headshots and a fashion photographer with his own line eluvieracosta.com…His work has been featured in Italian Photo Vogue, Promo Magazine and GMARO in New York, Moevir Magazine in Paris and now anyone can benefit from his incredible talent, passion and compassion.
See what others are saying about Eluvier
What should I wear for headshots?
Tips from our photographers
Learn about everything from clothing colours to items to avoid to industry specific outfit guidelines.
Art of Headshots Calgary Studio
See our studio space
Visit our lovely studio in Calgary, where Eluvier will take excellent care of you.
Choose from the following backdrops:
• Dark Grey
Uncommon Facts about Calgary, Alberta
Built on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3)
1. Calgary Stampede features the largest rodeo in the world.
2. Home to one of the largest Skyways in the world, the Plus 15 lets you walk over 18km between 100 buildings in downtown without stepping outside!
3. Calgary is the cleanest city in the world according to Clearwater.
4. The sunniest city in Canada with an average of 333 sunny days a year.
5. 120 languages are spoken in Calgary due to its ethnic diversity.
6. Calgary is famous for its Chinook weather systems where temperatures can change by over 20 degrees within a few hours.
7. Second most volunteers per capita of any other Canadian city.
8. Calgary sits in Hail Alley, an area that gets the most hailstorms in North America. The 2020 hail storm that hit Calgary caused $1.3 billion dollars in damage.
9. Calgary gets 16.5 hours of daylight in summer, and 8 hours of daylight in winter.
10. 126 nearly life-sized fiberglass cow statues were commissioned in the 1999 in Calgary, then painted by local artists which raised over $1.2 million dollars for charity.
Movies and TV shows filmed in Calgary
Actor Headshots Calgary
Are you a professional actor seeking to be discovered? Calgary has had an amazing film and television industry that stands out to Toronto and Vancouver. Here is a list of five internationally acclaimed movies and television show’s;
1 Brokeback Mountain
Filmed in Calgary and Metro Calgary regions starring Jake Gyllenhaal and the late Heath Ledger.
Filmed in Alberta’s Fortress Mountain led by Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Christopher Nolan.
3 Legend of the Fall
Morley and Banff were used to emulate Montana wilderness, starring Brad Pitt.
Locations filmed include Okotoks, Fort MacLeod, Longview and Canmore. Starring Mathew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway making it a return to Calgary by Christopher Nolan.
5 Game of Thrones
An Albertan Wolf named Quigley played Jon Snow’s dire wolf Ghost, while some of his scenes were filmed in Calgary on local sound stages. Arya Stark played by Maisie Williams filmed part of season seven in Banff with wolves.
Eight Famous People Born in Calgary, Alberta
1. Jann Arden
Singer-songwriter and actress
2. Tate McRae
Singer, songwriter, and dancer
3. Taylor Hall
Professional NHL hockey player
4. Teagan and Sara Quin
Indie pop band; twin songwriters and multi-instrumentalists
5. Elisha Cuthbert
Actress and model
6. Cory Monteith
Actor & musician
7. Owen Hart
8. James Gosling
Computer scientist, founder & lead designer behind Java programming language