Ottawa Headshots Photographer
I was born in the Ottawa General Hospital right after the Gray Cup Football Game in 1939. Six months later, I was backpacked into the Quebec bush. I grew up in and out of the bush, in and out of Ottawa— Margaret Atwood
Personal Branding & Social Media Headshots
Company & Team Headshots
LinkedIn & Professional Profile Headshots
Ottawa Headshots Photographer
Innovator, creator, engager, leader.
Della is a retired military veteran from the fields of Communications and Public Affairs. She has built, owned, and sold two award-winning companies. She recently finished writing a novel and is hoping to publish next year. When she isn’t dedicating her time to photography, Della runs a Branding, Design, and Small Business Coaching company that primarily helps set small businesses up for success.
Della has a passion for delivering fresh, innovative pragmatic solutions, regardless of the industry or opportunity. She is not one to sit idle, and is willing to try everything once. Throughout all her experiences, photography has remained as Della’s primary creative outlet since 2010. Della finds she is able to capture the perfect shot through building relationships with her clients.
The introvert to her extrovert, Della’s husband is her opposite in almost every way. She loves that he makes her the best version of herself. Travelling to Morocco & Turkey, and photographing high end Chanel fashion are all on Della’s bucket list. Not a day goes by without Della’s favourite Starbucks Venti Americano Misto with soy and sugar free vanilla. You’ll never catch her singing – Della says she can’t carry a tune and it’s one thing she wishes she was good at (many of us can relate). Book a session with Della today, you’ll quickly feel at ease with her while she captures the best of you!
Ottawa Studio Location
36 Aconitum way
Ottawa, ON K1T 0S1
Our Ottawa studio is located in a lovely home
with two small chihuahua dogs. The dogs are not
allowed in the studio space, however you may
see or hear them when entering the home.
If you have severe pet allergies, we recommend taking
allergy medication prior to coming in for your session.
We also ask that you please leave your pets at home,
unless your pet is a registered service animal.
History of Ottawa
by Art of Headshots Portrait Studio
Odaawaa /oʊˈdɒwə/ meant “traders” named by the Algonquian language family. This was a large family of smaller tribal groups which would be a dialect of Ojibwe. This land was habited by the Ojibwe and Potawatomi peoples.
In 1613 it would be called Wrightstown and in 1854 the railway reached Bytown adjacent to Wrightstown, in 1855 it would be incorporated as a city with a new name – Ottawa. In 1857 Queen Victoria deemed Ottawa the capital of Canada.
Today, Ottawa is a flourished city short of 1 million inhabitants with residents speaking English and French living in harmony blocks of each other while proudly bearing a variation of the Algonquian word trade Odaawaa now translated to Ottawa.
Weare proud to service Ottawa’s by providing headshot services to help individuals and corporations to brand themselves through our distinct process and technologies. Looking forward towards making a difference.
Art of Headshots Ottawa Studio
Your beautiful energy
Headshot Photographer in Ottawa – Della produces portraits to help you succeed in business, acting, and engaging with your customer through your professional profile. Our distinct style of connecting with clients produces a high caliber portrait to distinguish your personal brand from others.
Famous Movies shot in Ottawa
for actor headshots
Canda’s Capital city Ottawa has had many famous people grow up and become movie stars, famous photographer or dignitaries. Here are five famous productions filmed in Ottawa for acting headshots;
1. The Sum of All Fears (2002), starring Ben Affleck, Morgan Freeman and Ian Mongrain.
2. Batman & Robin (1997) starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, George Clooney and Uma Thurman.
3. Alien: Resurrection (1997) starring Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder and Ron Perlman.
4. House at the End of the Street (2012) starring Jennifer Lawrence, Elizabeth Shue and Max Thieriot.
5. Mr. Nobody (2009) starring Sarah Polley, Jared Leto and Linh Dan.
Seven Uncommon Facts about Ottawa, ON
Located on unceded traditional Algonquin Anishinabe territory.
1. The name Ottawa comes from the Algonquin word Adawe – which means to trade.
2. Yousuf Karsh lived at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier in downtown Ottawa where celebrities and dignitaries from all over the World would fly to be photographed by him. Winston Churchill, Ernest Hemingway, Muhammad Ali, John Kennedy and Nelson Mandela are but a few of the thousand’s of celebrities who travelled to Ottawa to get Karsh’d.
3. Queen Victoria chose Ottawa to be the capital city of Canada, over contenders Kingston, Montreal, and Toronto.
4. Metropolitan Ottawa includes the city of Gatineau which is in Quebec and mainly French-speaking so within 15 minutes drive one community may speak English while the other speaks French, only.
5. Ottawa’s most famous festival – the Canadian Tulip Festival – was established from a gift from the Netherlands. Canada helped liberate the Netherlands during World War II, and our Government declared Crown Princess Juliana’s maternity suite in Ottawa extraterritorial during birth so that newborn Princess Margriet was born on “Dutch soil” to lawfully give her status as heir to the throne.
6. Any Canadian resident can get on a free waiting list to receive one of the Canadian Flags that was flown on top of the Peace Tower in Ottawa for a day.
7. Ottawa is home to the longest skating rink in the world (7.8km), which has also been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site: The Rideau Canal
Seven Famous People Born in Ottawa, ON
You might be surprised the following list of people were born in Ottawa
1. Sandra Oh
Actress (Killing Eve, Grey’s Anatomy)
2. Dan Aykroyd
Actor, comedian, writer, producer & musician
3. Keshia Chanté
TV personality, actress, singer & songwriter.
4. Yousuf Karsh, arguably the best portrait photographer that has ever lived. He Photographed dignitaries and movie stars around the globe.
5. Jay Baruchel
Actor, director, screenwriter & comedian
6. Justin Trudeau
Our current prime minister
7. Margaret Atwood
Poet, novelist, literary critic, teacher & inventor!
Sandra Oh shows her Canadian pride
Darling Sandra Oh shows off her Canadian heritage during her Saturday Night Live perfomance
Tom Cruise talks about his legacy
Tom Cruise shares his love for acting and making movies, and how he views his legacy in the film industry