Ottawa Headshot Photography
I was born in the Ottawa General Hospital right after the Gray Cup Football Game in 1939. Six months later, I was backpacked into the Quebec bush. I grew up in and out of the bush, in and out of OttawaMargaret Atwood
2435 Holly Ln,
Ottawa, ON, K1V 7P2
1 (888) 212-8112
Art of Headshots Ottawa Studio
you’re beautiful energy
Headshot Photographer in Ottawa – David produces portraits to help you succeed in business, acting and engage with your customer through your professional profile. Our distinct style for producing a portrait helps one’s personal brand.
You’re beautiful energy is our tagline, because we believe that a great headshot is all about one’s energy.
History of Ottawa
by Art of Headshots Portrait Studio
Odaawaa /oʊˈdɒwə/ meant “traders” named by the Algonquian language family. This was a large family of smaller tribal groups which would be a dialect of Ojibwe. This land was habited by the Ojibwe and Potawatomi peoples.
In 1613 it would be called Wrightstown and in 1854 the railway reached Bytown adjacent to Wrightstown, in 1855 it would be incorporated as a city with a new name – Ottawa. In 1857 Queen Victoria deemed Ottawa the capital of Canada.
Today, Ottawa is a flourished city short of 1 million inhabitants with residents speaking English and French living in harmony blocks of each other while proudly bearing a variation of the Algonquian word trade Odaawaa now translated to Ottawa.
Weare proud to service Ottawa’s by providing headshot services to help individuals and corporations to brand themselves through our distinct process and technologies. Looking forward towards making a difference.
some not common knowledge
1 – Ottawa is the Capital of Canada
2 – Yousuf Karsh lived at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier in downtown Ottawa where celebrities and dignitaries from all over the World would fly to be photographed by him. Winston Churchill, Ernest Hemingway, Muhammad Ali, John Kennedy and Nelson Mandela are but a few of the thousand’s of celebrities who travelled to Ottawa to get Karsh’d.
3 – The name Ottawa comes from the Algonquin word Adawe – which means to trade.
4 – Metropolitan Ottawa includes the city of Gatineau which is in Quebec and mainly French-speaking so within 15 minutes drive one community may speak English while the other speaks French, only.
5 – Other famous people who lived in Ottawa include Tom Cruise ( attended High School ), Dan Akroyd, Sandra Oh, Tom Green and Alanis Morisette to mention but a few names of an extensive list.
born or raised in Ottawa
You might be surprised the following list of people were either born or raised in Ottawa;
1. Sandra Oh, known as Christina Yang in Grey’s Anatomy and Rita Wu in Killing Eve. I project a future Academy Awar.
2. Dan Aykroyd, born Daniel Edward Aykroyd best know for Saturday Night Live, Blue Brothers and my favourite Trading Places.
3. Keshia Chanté, a singer and songwriter.
4. Yousuf Karsh, arguably the best portrait photographer that has ever lived. He Photographed dignitaries and movie stars around the globe.
5. Tom Cruise, spent his younger days in the Beacon Hill area in Ottawa. He attended Henry Munro Middle School for grade 6 before moving back to the USA after his parents split. Best known for movie hits such as Top Gun, The Last Samurai, Mission Impossible amongst a list of extensive box office list where he has been top from 1981 until now. My favourite was Risky Business in 1983 – where I learned that “sometimes you just have to say, What the fuck and seize the moment”.
Sandra Oh on Saturday Night Live, global tv and abc news.
Courtesy youtube cbc and global news
Tom Cruise heated interview
On June 23, 2005, Tom Cruise joined Matt Lauer to discusses his new film “War Of The Worlds,” his new relationship with Katie Holmes, and Scientology.
» Subscribe to TODAY: http://on.today.com/SubscribeToTODAY
Famous Movies shot in Ottawa
for actor headshots
Canda’s Capital city Ottawa has had many famous people grow up and become movie stars, famous photographer or dignitaries. Here are five famous productions filmed in Ottawa for acting headshots;
1. The Sum of All Fears (2002), starring Ben Affleck, Morgan Freeman and Ian Mongrain.
2. Batman & Robin (1997) starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, George Clooney and Uma Thurman.
3. Alien: Resurrection (1997) starring Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder and Ron Perlman.
4. House at the End of the Street (2012) starring Jennifer Lawrence, Elizabeth Shue and Max Thieriot.
5. Mr. Nobody (2009) starring Sarah Polley, Jared Leto and Linh Dan.
The history of Portraiture Portraiture can be traced back to five thousand years ago in ancient Egypt, where it flourished. A painting, sculptures or drawn portraits were the only methods for recording people before photography was invented. The Mona Lisa painting also known as La Jaconde is arguably the most recognized Portrait in the World. […]
Being a professional photographer with more years of experience than I care to admit, has afforded me the privilege to photograph headshots for auditions, success and to land career in acting. The aim of this article is to provide an understanding of what is a headshot for an audition. How to pick a style and […]
We have crossed milestones in the effort of capturing expression through portraits, in paintings of the elites by masters like Rembrandt and Davinci and through photography. In recent years, it has become easy and immediate through selfies. What is beauty? On the covers of Vogue and GQ, we see models who are years away from […]
Travel Photography Travelling can be exciting, outstanding or relaxing. Where do you go on Vacation? Beach resorts in Hawaii, Mexico or the Dominican Republic? Are you adventurous traveller climbing mountains, seeking the jungle or recording political events? Whatever type of vacation you might choose, wouldn’t it be great to have images to match your experience? […]
227 - 970 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R4
Call - (604) 506-1766
131 9th Avenue SW #140, Calgary, AB T2P 1K1
Call - (587) 317-6663
366 Adelaide street east - suite 243, Toronto, ON, M5A 3X9
Call - (437) 800-1969
Art of Headshots Victoria Studio
106-1600 Quadra St. Victoria BC V8W 2L4
Call - (778) 403-6360