Halifax Photography Studio
Managing Photographer for Halifax, NS
Lisa Bédard is a graduate of the University of Manitoba’s Bachelor of Fine Arts Program (2012) with Honours and a Major in Photography. Her passion for photography, for people and for portraits began as a young girl when she immersed herself in LIFE Magazines and Special Edition Photography books and became captivated by portraits such as Steve McCurry’s The Afghan Girl as seen in National Geographic.
Lisa is an artist and a photographer, and has been capturing portraits for over 10 years. She is originally from Manitoba and is now living in Nova Scotia with her husband and two year old girl. Our clients will feel at ease in Lisa’s warmth, professionalism and can count on her exceptional commitment, talent and skill for capturing them at their very best.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Halifax, founded in 1749 by Governor General Edward Cornwallis, is Canada’s largest city east of Quebec. …
Some of the interesting and fun facts about Halifax city in Canada are as follows:
1 . Halifax has more pubs per capita than any other city in Canada.
2. Until 1844, the Royal Navy hung pirates at Point Pleasant Park’s Black Rock Beach.
3. North America’s first zoo was established in Halifax 1847 two years following the last pirate hung by the Royal Navy.
4. Dr. Marie Hamilton was the first black Canadian Woman to receive the Governor General Award (1983).
5. August 7, 1987 the “Sid the Kid” was born.
6. Halifax has a great double ax throwing pub.
7. Louisiana’s Acadian population may have moved from Halifax to escape the 7 yrs War from 1755 to 1762.
8. The difference between an East Coaster and a West Coaster is that in the West Coast the average family immigrated about two to three years ago and in the East Coast the average family immigrated two to three centuries ago.
9. The coldest day was -29C (-21F) on February 18, 1922 and the warmest day was 37.2C (99F) set in July 10, 1912.
10. Halifax has the best real estate prices of Canadian major cities (I am buying).
• Actor Headshots
• Branding and Social-Media Headshots
• Company Headshots
• Corporate Headshots
• Event Photographs
• LinkedIn Headshots
• Professional Headshots
5176 Bishop Street,
Halifax, NS, B3J 1C9
5176 Bishop Street, Halifax, NS, B3J 1C9
Call - 902-701-7999
229 - 970 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R4
Call - 604-506-1766
131 9th Avenue SW #101, Calgary, AB T2P 1K1
Call - 587-317-6663
366 Adelaide street east - suite 243, Toronto, ON, M5A 3X9
Call - 437-800-1969