Al ( Alaa ) Taher is our photographer for Art of headshots Toronto ”
Known for his wanderlust, Taher’s photography captures the most memorable visions and showcases Taher’s background in biology — and his love for the natural world as his Masters Degree in Public Health from the University of New South Wales in Australia proves. At first photography was a journal of Taher’s extensive travels around the world, from Antarctica to South East Asia, capturing dramatic landscapes and rare species of Penguins in Antarctica to leopards in the wild in Sri Lanka.
In 2008 he started Alaa Taher Photography (ATP Arts), a photography, production and advertising agency, then later went on to create Sowar Online, the first online stock photography website in the Middle East.
Taher has accumulated eight years of experience in the commercial photography field and has worked for magazines, hotels, restaurants and advertising agencies such as Drive Dentsu, BBDO and FP7. His list of clients also includes Mini Cooper, KPMG Canada, FujiFilm, Canon, Fairmont, The Four Seasons, Martha Stewart Weddings, Procter & Gamble, Credit Agricole Bank, Steigenberger Hotels, Zain Mobil and MenuLava Canada. “
2015 Photo Exhibition. Bubblegum Studios. Toronto, Canada
2014 Nice To Meet You. Creatures Creating. Toronto, Canada
2012 Egypt World Heritage Sites. InterContinental / UNESCO Collaboration. Cairo, Egypt
2011 Revolutionary Vision. ABC Art Gallery. Cairo, Egypt
2011 Preservation & Wildlife: The Other Side of Sinai. InterContinental / National Geographic Collaboration. Cairo, Egypt
2011 To Egypt With Love II. Safarkhan Art Gallery. Cairo, Egypt
2011 From The Nile To The Merrimack. Umass Lowell Art Gallery. Massachusetts, USA
2011 Thawretna-Souretna. Tache Art Gallery. Cairo, Egypt
2011 To Egypt With Love. Safarkhan Art Gallery. Cairo, Egypt & Frankfurt, Germany.
2010 Glow. (Solo Exhibition) Cairo Opera House Gallery. Cairo, Egypt
2009 Lights On The Unknown. (Solo Exhibition) Hanfaninha Gallery. Cairo, Egypt
2009 Mahmoud Mokhtar Museum. 7th Nile Salon for Photography. Cairo, Egypt
2009 Sedso Design Group Gallery. Philadelphia, USA
2009 Partly True Partly False. Hanfaninha Gallery. Cairo, Egypt
2008 The Animal World In Ancient Egypt. CultNat, Smart Village. Cairo, Egypt.
2005 Atelier Art Gallery. Cairo, Egypt.
2004 Splash Art Exhibition. Sydney, Australia.
2001 The Society of Modern Art Gallery (awarded the society prize). Cairo, Egypt.
2000 Townhouse Gallery. Cairo, Egypt.
2000 Ewart Gallery. Cairo, Egypt.
Al Taher Previous employment –
• Developed photography and production company specialized in food, product, fashion, publications, travel, architecture photography and videography
• Published in many renowned publications (Martha Stewart, Enigma)
• Worked on elaborate advertising campaigns for international brands (client list includes: KPMG Canada, Fujifilm Canada, Mini Cooper, Four Seasons, Fairmont, Steigenberger Hotels, Credit Agricole Bank, Canon, Procter & Gamble, Zain Mobile), marketing publications, printed material and outdoor advertising
– (3 months)Toronto, Ontario, Canada
– (1 year 9 months)Toronto, Canada Area
• Head of Photography for MenuLava & SoHungry Canada; in charge of all photography, graphic design and photo editing
• Created strategy and material for online marketing, e-commerce and social platforms
• Developed campaigns and collaborated with the advertising team
• Worked with and photographed over 150 clients ranging from franchises to independents vendors
Healthcare CFO/CXO Summit
– (7 years)
• Awareness raising campaign coordinator for the development of protected areas in Saloum, Egypt (IUCN fund)
• Coordinated meetings and worked and implemented public awareness media campaigns
• Coordinated biodiversity conservation projects
- (Open)1 organization
– (4 months)
• Worked in coordination with UNDP, GEF and EEAA (Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency)
• Conducted wildlife conservation projects
• Produced project proposals, reports and worked on fundraising
• Conducted research in support of the program’s investigations to isolate and/or detect infectious disease in the vector biology research program
• Worked on viruses, bacterial pathogens (using ELISA) and protozoans (Malaria spp., Leishmania spp., West Nile Virus, Rift Valley Fever, Sindbis Virus, Rickettsia, Borrelia and Bartonella) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health
229 - 970 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R4
Call - (604) 506-1766
131 9th Avenue SW #101, Calgary, AB T2P 1K1
Call - (587) 317-6663
366 Adelaide street east - suite 243, Toronto, ON, M5A 3X9
Call - (437) 800-1969
Art of Headshots Victoria Studio
106-1600 Quadra St. Victoria BC V8W 2L4
Call - (778) 403-6360